If I were Major League Baseball Commissioner
Major League baseball is the only sport that is so fucked up in their thinking, that you can make the following
analogy: Baseball is to sports as the government is to a well run business. I am going to submut my list to the offices of Major League baseball to see if they will accept my offer to be commissioner for free. I'm sure it won't get past the secretary, but at least I could say I tried, which is more than I can say for any of you.
- Get rif of artificial turf. Baseball was not meant to be played on some synthetic surface. Natural grass is the only acceptable surface.
- Get rid of the DH. I still like it, but I made a pact with the rest of the free world, that if I force out artificial turf, I'll concede on the DH rule.
- No fully enclosed stadiums. Retractable domes are OK, only if they have natural grass, of course.
- Rework the whole damn playoff structure! Why is baseball the only sport that presets the pairings for the playoffs at the beginning of the season? Why is the Wild Card team given the advantage over a division winner with the first two games at the wild card site? This gives them a HUGE advantage! Why can't a wild card team play a team in their own division? So here is my plan:
- The team with the best record plays the wild card team.
- The first two games are played at the division winner site.
- The next two at the wild card site.
- The final game gets played at the division winner's site so that they have the advantage in a final game.
- For the second round, the first two games are played at the site of the team with the best record of the
remaining teams. the next three at the other team's site and the final two back at the team with the best record.
- No stupid sound effects played at ballparks.
- Re-instate Pete Rose.
- Bench-clearing Brawls: you come off the bench, you're suspended for 30 days
- Salary Cap: Players already on team are exempt.
- There will be a minumum team payroll.
- Teams play at least one double-header per month.
- None of this bullshit with stringing out the naming of season awards. MVP, CY Young, Rookie of the Year all are announced the day after the final regular season game.
Yeah, I know, this needs work. I don't have specifics about payrolls, etc. but
it is a start.
If you came here directly, click here to get to me HomePage.